Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy (WHAT YOU SHOULD DO)

I dont know where to start....
Hurricane Sandy Has ripped through the most of the northeastern states and has left millions without homes, cars, businesses, and few without thier lives. These solid cities always seemed almost unsinkable have been hit with a category 5 hurricane that stretched out about 1000 miles wide.
 I am not sitting behind my laptop wanting to talk about this hurricane and all the damage it has done. Nor I am here to give a story about certain people. Im not waisting my time to write about the distruction, or death tolls. I am writing this to give people the heart and or courage to go out there and help. If I had someone to stay home to take care of my kids I would give 12hrs a day. But all I can do is voice it out and tell those who can afford to take a couple of days, weeks or even months to go and help. 
  There are many people in temporary shelters in need of clothing. People with power out in need of a hot meal. People without transportation, they are completely blocked out of certain parts of the area. 
  The only thing that has bothered me is the fact that people that have not been affected by this hurricane have went about with their daily lives and only care for themselves. 

GO OUT THERE AND HELP!
Here are some things you can do. 
Start up a food drive in the unaffected areas and take them to areas where they can be of use.
Help home owners clean out their homes
Volunteer at shelters, soup kitchens, clothing drives
Just even walk around and hear peoples' stories personally be their shoulder to cry on not by the news itself.
If you are a musician or a singer go out there and sing for them!
Other things I can think of but Ill update as they come
Last but not least PRAY!

Thank You for reading this  
THE CRAIGSLIST HELPER

No comments:

Post a Comment